The ACAQB manages 13 amenities throughout the city of Bordeaux (see the attached map).
In addition to these 13 amenities, many of our activities take place in a total of 30 other local infrastructures, including local schools.
11 community centres with a social and cultural ambition
- Argonne Nansouty Saint-Genès: specializes in urban culture
- Bastide Benauge: specializes in dance
- Bastide Queyries: specializes in circus arts and performance
- Bordeaux Lac: specializes in environmental awareness
- Bordeaux Sud
- Monséjour: specializes in crafts and fine arts
- Saint-Michel: specializes in the arts of the spoken word in partnership with the festival “Chahuts”
- Saint-Pierre: specializes in reading/writing/information and media technologies, partnership with the collective “Court Brouillon”
- Sarah Bernhardt
- Grand Parc: games library
- Climbing wall, cours Barbey
- Youth Hostel of Bordeaux
- 28 000 people accommodated yearly (of which 9 000 are members of the association).
- 400 volunteer workers of whom 170 also belong to the animation committees.
- 400 employees (going up to more than 500 over the year) of which 280 are on a full-time basis.
- 400 educational, social, artistic and cultural partners…
ACAQB’s purpose is defined in its statutes, as follows
- To be an observatory of social reality in local communities.
- To provide local amenities devoted to social cohesion and the fight against exclusion.
- To provide places where people can come and go, and express themselves freely; places promoting citizenship, social action and volunteer work benefitting the community.
- To offer tailor-made and varied services for each neighbourhood.
The association’s founding articles furthermore emphasize that the community centres must be governed by:
“a secular spirit of liberty, generosity, open-mindedness, dialogue, mutual respect, pluralism and impartiality, meaning that we combat on a daily basis any kind of obscurantism, communitarianism, discrimination, exclusion or injustice”.